User with limited access can access restrict pages or sections

I found a problem in user permission,
when a user has Limited access to specific section for example user A has permission to do “View, Create, Update, Delete” on Employee section but if user A has link of Journal Entries then user A can do anything that he/she want.

It’s problem for a business that has many users with Limited access.

do you have any solution?

The way user permissions on business level are currently implemented is to hide user interface elements. This is good enough for unsophisticated user but I agree - not a bullet-proof solution. I will mark this as a bug because I’m working on new user permission module which will resolve this issue.

4 Likes

Thanks for your support.
I’m developer if you need any kinds of help I glad to help you.

Fixed in the latest version (19.11.9)

1 Like

Thanks for your support.

thanks

Hello I am using cloud option, and I am not able to give limited access to the users. They literally have access to all the options.

Any help from anyone here would be a great help.

You already asked this question in another post. Please do not ask the same question in different topics. That wastes everyone’s time.

@Tut, if the above comment was for me, then thank you for letting me know that I wasted your or someones time whereas it wasn’t my intention. It is my first time posting here and I might not have even noticed I posted it twice.

Guys, thanks for the help, it has been resolved. Although last night I gave a viewing right but it still gave a full access to my user, I had him logged in & out a couple times but it still didn’t help. So I eventually had to delete the user.

@hasanshah, as a moderator, I was calling your attention to appropriate behavior on the forum. See also FAQ - Manager Forum.