Invoice numbers increment when editing invoice created from billable time

Since this is my first post here, I’ll start by saying how pleased I am to have found Manager, and to be able to use the desktop version for free with a great feature set, and no ads or reminders to upgrade to the paid version. This is pretty much exactly what I had hoped to find, but didn’t think actually existed. Thank you!

I often create billable time for labour done, and then create invoices from this by viewing the customer, selecting the uninvoiced billable time, and creating a sales invoice from this. Sometimes I’ll edit the invoice to add more items. I’ve noticed, however, that when I edit the invoice, the invoice number gets incremented. What starts as invoice #36 would change to invoice #37 when I edit it, for example. If I then create another invoice, this would automatically be invoice #38, and I have no invoice #36.

Of course, I could manually correct the invoice numbers, but it’s not something I would expect to have to do every time.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there anything I should change in my workflow? Or is this a bug?

This is a bug. I can reproduce it. It happens when a sales invoice has been created from uninvoiced billable time and then edited, just as described by @GrahamvdR. It also happens when invoicing billable expenses. It does not happen when the same invoice is edited again.

@lubos, for what it is worth, I think this bug was introduced recently. I created a sales invoice with billable expenses on October 19, 2018, then edited it to add other line items. The invoice number did not change. I cannot say with certainty, but I do not think I had updated to whatever version introduced optional automatic reference numbers yet. That may be where the problem started.

1 Like

Thanks @Tut.

Fixed in the latest version (18.11.57)

2 Likes

@lubos Thank you!