[17.9.0] Added 3 new tabs in relation to bank & cash accounts

That is not the intent. For reconciliation, you should be looking at the various statement, pending withdrawal, and pending deposit balances in the Bank Accounts tab. That is, after all, where the reconciliation process occurs.

Balances actually make no sense in the Bank Transactions tab because all bank accounts (including credit cards, PayPal accounts, etc.) are mixed there. There can be no running balance. And another column showing balance of the relevant bank account as of the moment a transaction had been entered into it would be very confusing. The purpose of the Bank Transactions tab is to enter transactions, especially via imported statements; find transactions based on bank, contact, description, etc.; and see transaction status.

If you read my post, I acknowledged the point about balances not making sense unless you filtered the bank account. I am aware of that.

Let me rephrase what I said. The main purpose for me to do anything with the bank in terms of viewing transactions in the bank is for reconcilation whether I go into the bank transactions or into the bank statements area. I was not referring to the specific tab, but rather what I do when viewing bank transactions.

The purpose of the Bank Transactions tab is to enter transactions, especially via imported statements; find transactions based on bank, contact, description, etc.; and see transaction status.

All of which can be done in the Bank Statement under Bank Accounts which is the whole point of my feedback. The Bank Transactions Tab is effectively a duplication of the Bank Statements tab without the balance and slightly changing the fields.

What I would have done is modified the bank Statements view to make it look like the Bank Transactions View but with the Balance column and not bothered with a Bank Transactions Tab.

Anyway I have sworn not to get into another going round and round debate with regards to Manager features which I don’t agree with. I provided my feedback and Lubos can take my feedback into consideration as he continues to update the program. For me the Banking Transactions Tab makes no sense, but then I only really view my banking transactions to reconcile (as well as the odd spend, receive). So for me, I will only use the Bank Accounts Tab.