Profit and Loss / Balance Sheet (include NIL balances)

Is it possible to add a flag in the settings of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports in order to output also the empty fields of the chart of account?

1 Like

Actually, I came to realization (at least) financial reports should show zero balances by default. With the option to hide them.

The first reason is that when people start using Manager for the first time and go to Reports, they would expect their reports to show list of accounts (even without figures) rather than nothing at all.

For long-term users, seeing accounts with zero balances can serve as a sanity check (e.g. why is Telephone account on P&L with zero balance?). I know this is usually not an issue if you are using comparative reports but still.

So the latest version (18.7.59) will show a checkbox:

on following reports:

• Profit & Loss Statement
  • Profit & Loss Statement (vs Budget)
  • Balance Sheet
  • Statement of Changes in Equity
  • Cash Summary, Bank Account Summary, Cash Account Summary
  • Trial Balance
  • General Ledger Summary

I realize some reports are now getting rather complicated with all the options so over time I’m planning to do something about that too.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Great job wonder man

Rgds

Thank you so much for that improvement.

I wanted to propose it since i have some custom diagrams and reports made in calc and every month i had to fix the formulas because “new accounts” were present in the export and therefore adding more lines and breaking everything!!!

rather, there should be more options than take away control… there hasnt been any complaints regarding the complicated-ness… thanks for the continued improvements

1 Like

Endorsed.

1 Like