Allowing to Delete Paid Invoice

It is allowing to delete paid invoices. If payment made for an invoice, it should allow to delete the payment first, then invoice.

What you describe is how things should work. I can reproduce this bug.

You can not delete an paid invoice, it is wrong. Receive a payment for an invoice and delete it. Same for purchases as well. This will lead to lot of problem…

Maybe you did not understand my response, @sbscchosting. You are correct. You should not be able to delete an invoice that is paid. Formerly, you could not. I don’t know when this bug crept into the program. But I have put the topic into the Bugs category.

Noted!

Any updates on this?

A fix will be announced right here in this topic when it occurs.

Fixed in the latest version (18.5.35)

I still can remove invoices. (18.5.36)

If the payment was made against specific invoice, then you won’t be able to delete that invoice until payment is reallocated or deleted first.

I tested it and you can delete invoices that are automatically matched but not if the payment was made against a specific invoice as you mentioned.

I checked the same in the latest update.
The issue still exists.
Is anyone else facing the same?

Please read the discussion well as @Frankie explains:

1. You can and should be able to delete invoices that are automatically matched (any payment is set to automatic for a supplier irrespective of which invoice, thus kind of running total of payment against all the invoices)

and both @Frankie and @Lubos:

1. If the payment was made against specific invoice, then you won’t be able to delete that invoice until payment is reallocated or deleted first.

So if you do not want to be able to delete an invoice then you must specify manually the payment(s) agains that invoice.

Thanks @eko for your response.

As any payment is a child transaction if the payment option was used from that invoice (or by using accoutn payables option), therefore if its partial or full payment, the invoice must not be allowed to be deleted, correct? As the payment is showing invoice as a reference and must exist to prove the same.

Though this is not the case. The invoice gets deleted. Even in quickbooks, it doesn’t allow to remove an invoice if there is any child transaction/payment lying against it, as I mentioned.

This only applies when you add a specific payment to a specific invoice and Manager complies with that and does not allow you to delete such invoice if a payment is specifically assigned to it and therefore must deleted first.

However, it is incorrect when using the automatic function as there could be reasons why an invoice need deleting and because no payment is specifically made against it there should be nothing to prevent it from being deleted. When using automatic against invoices it will just readjust the payment balances to the newly created sequence of invoices.