Values with lots of zeros after decimal separator

When I check my Inventory Profit Margin I can see some figures with lots of zeros after the decimal separator

Any idea about why this happens?

I also have this. It is only on one item.
I have tried re-entering invoices, both purchase and sales, to no avail.

Any idea about this @Tut or @lubos?

@mauroskov, @VACUUMDOG, are these always kits? @VACUUMDOG’s example looks like it could be from the name. There are known problems with handling inventory kits on this report. They are being worked on.

In my case it is a normal product like the others, not a kit.

@mauroskov, can you post a screen shot of the inventory item Edit screen for an item that shows this behavior?

Also, what software version are you using? I remember a similar topic from several months (or years) ago that was resolved.

I am using Google Chrome and the Cloud edition of Manager.

Nope, not a kit, just a plain old inventory item…and the very latest edition of Manager

Let’s try one more thing before I put this into the bugs category. Would you please look at the Inventory Value Movement report to see if there is a similar problem with the same items? Your many-zero values seems to start with the sales figures. So, with the Inventory Value Movement report, start with the same date range as the Inventory Profit Margin reports. Then, sequentially narrow the date range from either end to see if you can isolate the period that causes this. Then look for a sales invoice in the offending range that has a strange entry.

Also try narrowing the date range on the Inventory Profit Margin report to see if you can determine which time period causes the problem.

I don’t see all those decimals in my Inventory Value Movement report. I tried the same and different time periods.

@mauroskov, you were not clear. Did you narrow the time period down on the Inventory Profit Margin report to see if the zeroes would go away? What I’m trying to steer you towards is determining whether there is a specific transaction that causes this. If it was a basic flaw in the report, I would expect to see it on every line.

OK, I fixed mine up???
The stock on hand was less than the invoiced amount.
The required stock arrived 3 days after the Sales Invoice date.
So I changed the Purchase invoice date to before the Sales Invoice date and bingo…fixed.
Also changing the Sales Invoice date to after the Purchase invoice date fixed it.
But it also changed the values?

The same applies to me. I shrank down the reference period to 1 sales invoice and found out that also in my case some of the stock of that item sold in that sales invoice arrived at a date after the date of the sales invoice. Basically the purchase invoice is dated later than the sales invoice. I don’t have the hard copy to check, but I believe this happened because the client ordered 30 pieces and we only had 12 but invoiced 30 anyway and delivered the remaining 18 at a later stage. However we kept all on the same invoice and delivery note.

Now, this explains where the issue comes from, but still why does Manager create these long decimal values? Can’t it be avoided?

Thank you both for the investigative work. This seems like a bug to me, so I will put it into the bugs category. Your responses should make it easier to track down the origin. @lubos will need to look into this.

Should be fixed in the latest version (18.4.11)

Great work @lubos, I can confirm it is fixed for me.

I am using the cloud version and apparently we are on version 18.4.13. And it seems the problem has been solved.

Thanks!