Inventory Price List report and the displaying of Custom Fields data

Hello,

I have discovered a strange bug.

For inventory items, I have setup a custom field called “category”, type is “drop-down list”, with five options (Option 1, Option 2, Option 3 etc). Every inventory item has one of these options set.

I went to Reports / Inventory Price List and chose “filter by custom field”, and chose “category”. On the drop down filter selection next to it, I am seeing duplicates of most of my options (Option 1, Option 1, Option 2, Option 2, Option 3, Option 3 etc).

Selecting the first instance of Option 1 in the filter shows 10 products on the resulting report. Selecting the second instance of Option 1 shows the remaining products on the resulting report, excluding the 10 previously shown.

I am running the cloud version of Manager, so I have not been able to cause this myself. I checked my backups and the problem was present in September 2017, but not in March 2017, if that helps.

I can’t reproduce this. Are you sure they are duplicates? Can you show the screenshot of the drop-down box?

Manager is generally case-sensitive so “Option 1” and “option 1” are two distinct options.

Sketch

Please see the screenshot. Selecting one of the two duplicates shows different products too. I have not created these, not sure what has caused this but must be some bug.

Any chance you could send backup file to bugs@manager.io ? I still think there is an explanation to it (perhaps non-printable character part of the string). Anyway, sending it in will get it resolved.

Ok, I will send you the file.

Thanks. Options had hidden (non-printable) character after all but it wasn’t your fault. Fixed in the latest version (18.3.46)