Option to turn off tracking codes, accounts, and locations

Can the ability to turn off (make inactive) the following be added? @

• Accounts
  • Inventory Locations
  • Tracking codes

Come next year many tracking codes and accounts (normal accounts and bank and cash Accounts) will become redundant .

Possible to be able to hide them just like how we hide inactive inventory items?

Thank you

1 Like

Bank & Cash accounts can be made inactive via their Edit button.
Not so for the others, but if its a big issue (many redundancies) then you could consider opening a new (cleaned) business.

Yeah, i have have noticed. I have edited my earlier post to exclude it

I’d like to request this feature, too. We track inventory at various warehouses which change from time to time. The user experience would be much more manageable if the old inventory locations could be marked inactive.

1 Like

Any news on the possibility to make Inventory Locations inactive? It would be good in order to have fewer columns (the ones with no values) in the Inventory Quantity by Location report.

@mauroskov the latest version (20.6.66) will hide inventory locations with no quantity on Inventory Quantity by Location report.

Thanks, they have already disappeared.

Any update for turn off tracking code? or how to did it?

I know this reply is late but I’m passionate about getting this implemented.

What we really want is to hide the location/Tracking Code from the drop-down menu after inactivating it.

3 Likes

I think that inactivating should be extended a little bit… also to chart of account elements

Yeah I mentioned it

Will help clean the accounts

1 Like

The latest version (21.1.8) allows tracking codes and inventory locations to be set inactive. For general ledger accounts, this hasn’t been implemented yet but there is a separate topic tracking this feature request.

3 Likes

@lubos
Thank you sir.
I’m sure one of my clients will be very happy with this.

Thanks. That’s a big improvement.

Thank you for this addition!
It would be nice to still be able to see inactive tracking codes in Profit/Loss report options… Maybe a checkbox “Show inactive tracking codes”?