Recurring purchase invoices

In the vein we have payslips and sales invoices, I’d like to see purchase invoices.

My use case is through rental (mainly) but a few minor “others” like phone, internet etc.

Where you know you have bills recurring, it would be handy to have a setup like payslips and sales invoices.

yes, I know about cloning, but you can clone a sales invoice and payslip as well. You can “recur” them as well!

I’d be interested to hear how other people deal with this scenario.

4 Likes

This has been discussed so many times, I don’t know why it never made it to the Ideas category. Now it has.

3 Likes

I recall seeing a comment about this recently - possibly from lubos. I think his point was that we control payslips and sales invoices… but with purchase invoices, while we might know that they’re a regular monthly occurrence, we aren’t the ones that issue them, and therefore it’s not really our responsibility to create them until we receive the invoice from our supplier.

That said, I think it would be helpful to serve as a reminder that we need to log a particular subscription in Manager. If I get notified on the 10th of the month that my phone bill is usually issued around this time, I can go and retrieve the bill they sent me and attach it to the new purchase invoice immediately.

TL:DR; I see benefit in this too and would appreciate having it available.

Quick comment though - the title of thread is a little deceiving. Instead of “Recurring payments” perhaps it should say “Recurring purchase invoices”?

1 Like

In general, @ShaneAU, I agree with the thought you expressed (whether it is also your personal opinion or not). For repetitive purchase invoices, I find cloning more than adequate. But I can also imagine situations where someone might want to have that reminder. Remember, something being in the Ideas category isn’t meant as an endorsement, just an opportunity for feedback.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Suggestion for calendar module

Added to the latest version (17.11.36)