Custom Pagination

Always working locally (desktop version or server version), I find that pagination is generally a pain in the butt. I realise for remote servers it’sprobably good practice, but I’d like several options to be incorporated such that:

• pagination is custom set by the version (program option/preference)
  • (in line with above) pagination could be disabled or otherwise extended or even limited (ie max per page)
  • have pagination available at the top of the first page*

* I find that often when searching for something I have to scroll to the bottom of the first page to select the second page where upon I can then select next page from the top of the screen and continue, next, next, next…

I’ve only started using Manager recently, so I haven’t hit any pagination yet.

What’s the current limit (number of items per page)?

Added to the latest version (20.8.53)

On relevant screens, there is now ability to toggle between 50, 100, 250, 1000 and max. Clicking on Max button will simply show all the rows without pagination.

3 Likes

Excellent improvement.
Very useful also for bank import, find & recode, and batch delete.

Very useful but a small squibble

If you select 100, 250, 1000, … , max you get the number of lines you request - Great
If you now select using the Search field you get back the default 50 lines and have to re-select 100, 250, 1000, …, max again

I expected it to remember the my selection and display the number of lines I had selected and not revert to the default of 50

1 Like

It also happens when you press the undo link to clear the search.

Reverting to the lowest option reduces typical page loading time. Think of a business with tens or hundreds of thousands of sales invoices where someone selects the Max option for an export. If the selection is retained, every entry to the Sales Invoices tab to view a recent invoice would have to wait until every invoice ever created had loaded.

But it’s not a good user experience! If your situation was the case, then I would click back to 50 myself before Undoing the search…

It more about what the user expects to happen or not. To me, it’s like not storing the size (window dimensions) of the standalone edition. Once I set the size, I expect it to stay that way unless I change it.

Waiting for every sales invoice ever created to load is also not a good user experience. That is what would happen when you forgot to click back to 50, as you inevitably would at some point. I am sure users will argue both sides of this question. Meanwhile, we have an option we did not have before. And for those who choose to do nothing, the program will behave exactly as it did before, paginating at 50 entries.

1 Like

I didn’t mean that it kept the number of pages I selected for all future lists but just for the list that I was currently in.

I would expect it to revert to 50 when I selected a new list for example moving from Sale Invoices tab to the Customers tab but while I was in the Sales Invoice I expected it to remember and use whatever pagination value I had selected until I quit the list page

For example if list my invoices and select Max and then change the sort order, I do not expect it to revert to 50 lines par page so that I have to select Max again. I know it reloads the reordered list but it should remember the pagination option I selected imho

If I select max, then View an invoice and then return to the list if still shows the max number of lines as it has not reloaded the list.

In any case it is not a big deal for me - just a nice to have option

That’s a good point. I had not yet experimented with that. I agree it is annoying.

The latest version (20.8.54) preserves number of rows when sorting by column or searching.

1 Like

real you are great, you made me go and study computer language. it seems in computer everything is possible even if people have many suggestions but you still do as they want.

real congratulation Mr. @lubos and dont get headache

I’m using cloud version but still the number of rows is not appearing after latest update, not appearing on goods receipt delivery notes invoices etc. Is there anything in settings i need to do?

@fahadalarab, how many transactions of each type do you have? Options only appear if they make sense for your situation. For example, if you have 75 sales invoices, options for 100, 250, and 1000 do not appear.

No, its like the number of rows is not appearing for example we have 43 sales invoices but pagination feature shows 50 , 100 200 etc but does not tell actual row count i.e. 43

For example these 2 images are sales invoices of 20-08-20 search results it shows that invoices are under 50 but doesn’t tell if they are 35 25 23 43 (the actual number of invoices) like it used to tell somewhere here in the image below

I’m talking about this issue
I now know the invoices are under 50 but how many to be exact i don’t know until we count them on screen manually which was not the case previously as manager showed a row count which is now gone.
We used to check if number of invoices match number of delivery notes / etc it used to appear on almost every type of transaction like invoices write offs delivery notes credit notes, payments, recipts almost on all types of transactions and even on inventory items . Can we please get the exact row count back?

The counts for each transaction type appear in windows in the left navigation pane:

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 3.26.16 PM

Other than that, I do not recall there ever being transaction counts anywhere except for the invoice counts in the Customers and Suppliers tabs. Those are still there.

Your examples seem to apply to search results. If you look at the Guide about searching records, it does not show any transaction counts: https://www.manager.io/guides/16487. Maybe someone else remembers something different.

I think you’ll find he’s referring to the number that use to appear on the export button, it was a quick ready reckoner as to how many items appeared in that result set

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 12.51.47 pm

In older versions it even included a number that may have been greater than what was displayed on the screen, that is no longer visible/available:

No I’m not referring to it

Yes thanks this is exactly what I’m talking about