Documentation for Manager

The documentation currently looks very good and is a useful explanation of the features and how they should be used. It’s easy to just guess at how things work without following instruction, but the documentation details best practise.

It’s very easy for untrained users to use an accounting package in a way they think is good, but in fact leaves them with invalid data and huge problems (and expense) when it comes time to do reporting.

My plea to developers of Manager is please do not get out of sync with software features and the documentation of them. I have seen many, many examples of similar software where the documentation (which is hard and boring) gets left behind and forgotten about. If you prioritise documentation (and really, it is the most important thing), your users will appreciate it and you will have minimal support problems in future.

My plea to users is read the documentation! Print it out. Read it. Have an employee read it. Talk about it. It is sometimes difficult to understand a concept, but that is not the problem. The real problem is thinking you understand a concept, but getting it wrong. Save yourself stress and headaches, make sure everyone who uses the software within your business has read the documentation and that you all agree on procedures.

Documentation is now part of the source control and it is automatically generated with every new version released. This is to ensure it is friction-free to keep it up to date.

Documentation covers only a few key areas of Manager but the goal is to cover all modules in upcoming days/weeks.

Thanks for feedback. It is really appreciated.

Documentation link doesn’t work! The download button in documentation page takes me to http://www.manager.io/undefined

Documentation is now embedded in the program. Click on Documentation tab at the top in the latest version.

Hmm. Ok. But that wouldn’t be alright for those who checks out documentation before they download the software. Just saying. Thanks anyway.

I think it’s a good idea to have a PDF download available for those who wish to read it offline.

I don’t know how lubos does his development work, but a lot of my best thinking time is spent with printouts or viewing on a tablet whilst taking care of… natural processes.

1 Like

This topic is now invisible. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.